|Battle of Taloraan|
|Factions||Rebel Alliance VS. Galactic Empire|
|Size||16, 32, 64|
|Briefing||"With the war raging on throughout the galaxy Rebel forces have started to run low on many critical supplies. High on the list of needed war materials is Tibanna gas, a critical substance used in the operation of most blaster weapons. Desperate to refill their stockpiles Alliance Command have dispatched a small task force to the planet of Taloraan to collect the vital gas. Unfortunately the timing of their raid coincides with the schedule of an Imperial convoy making a supply run to the planet. The small fleets encounter one another and now both sides engage in a pitched battle to ensure that the other side's supply of Tibanna gas is disrupted."|
Battle of Taloraan is a space map engagement between Rebel and Imperial fleets composed of capital starships and starfighters.
|Alliance Vehicles||Imperial Vehicles|
| Nebulon-B Escort Frigate|
| Carrack-class Light Cruiser|
| CR90 Corellian Corvette|
| Lancer-class Frigate|
| GR75 Gallofree Medium Transport |
| Bulk Freighter |
|RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor||TIE Fighter|
|B-Wing Starfighter||TIE Interceptor|
|T-65 X-Wing Starfighter||TIE Bomber|
Gameplay notes Edit
- This particular map takes place in open space. Players can take advantage of the freedom of movement by positioning their capital ships above or below the main plane of battle in order to try and outmaneuver their opponents.
- Remember that the capital ships in this map have sensor scans that will reveal enemy fighters. As a fighter pilot, use these scans to coordinate defense of your capital ships.
- Outside of capital ships, there is no natural cover that you can use to get an enemy fighter off your tail. Travel in groups and squads whenever possible to ensure that you don't have to take the long respawn hike in order to fight again.
- Both B-wings and TIE Bombers have ion cannons, cycled to by pressing "F" and fired with secondary fire. Use them judiciously against capital ships, especially when your own ships are engaged in combat with them.
- Torpedoes will only inflict damage at ranges 600 meters and closer. Launch them from any greater distance away, and they'll detonate or glance off the targeted ship.
- You can rearm and repair your fighter or bomber by flying under your faction's transport (either the Gallofree or the Bulk Freighter).
- The transport will also repair any adjacent capital ships, but cannot fix itself. As a transport driver for a coordinated team, stay far enough away from ship-to-ship combat that you will not get blasted apart easily; you have far more effective defenses against bombers than you do against capital ships. Move in to repair once the situation improves.